Our new logo by club member Linda Fahrlin at Atlantic Art Studios.
First, a huge Thank You to the massive effort by Derek and the team to get our newest, hard-charging surf instructor posse over the line. This was a massive effort and a large chunk of their time taken to complete the course, so an enormous thank you to Saoirse, Michael, Johnny, Cliodhna, Darren and Mary on a superb effort.
As we all understand, all clubs at their core are made up of great people who can afford to give some time here and there to contribute to the community. We have already had quite a few people who have gotten in contact to offer volunteer time and sponsorship.
We would also like to have a social catchup with all potential volunteers shortly.
So, with a full appreciation of how busy all of our lives can be, we are going to take the following approach to find out who can jump in where to help out.
Please respond to the category or categories that suit you or your partner.
1. I can be available to help with the Hour of Power, on Sundays over the summer period.
2. I can be available to help with either of the two competitions, the National Junior Competition 30th June/1st July and/or the County Sligo Open 4/5th August. This could be set up, beach wardens, heading out singlets, judging, etc.
3. I can be available to help with social events, such as the Annual Kid’s Disco, Camping and other potential events such as beach cleanups or functions.
4. I have a pretty hectic schedule but am keen to help out if given a day’s notice and am available.
5. I have some time I could give with organising sponsorship and have some experience with fundraising. (We already have a plan, existing sponsors, and a strategy. We just need more people to be able to jump in a help out. This will need some help with organising presentations and contacting potential new sponsors.)
6. I have some available time during weeknights so am happy to help out with the Shells Parent Sessions.
7. I am interested in becoming an Associate Sponsor of the County Sligo Surf Club. The annual charge is 200 euros and the Associate Sponsor will have a presence on the new County Sligo Surf Club Website and a Certificate of Association which can be showcased at your place of work.
A massive congratulations to the County Sligo Surf Club volunteers who passed their surf instructor qualification today. Saoirse, Michael, Johnny, Cliodhna, Darren, and Mary have spent their whole week in all weathers of water to get this course covered. It takes a huge commitment, well done! Our thanks also go out to Irish surfing and Irish Water Safety for running these brilliant courses.
A big thank you to everyone who has been involved with the Shells Summertime Parent Surf Sessions. Thank You to our guest coaches, Eddie and Shambles from ISurfIreland School of Surfing and Shells Cafe. Thank you also to Anna Valente for taking the great photos. You’ll find more photos here.
Congratulations to our members presented with a Certificate of attendance. Well Done!
Our website is run by club volunteers, but we’ll try to keep the information on here up to date as much as we can.
Our main aim with phase 1 for the web page is to collect all the information about the Surf Club in one place and make it accessible to members, visitors, competitors and the wider community.
We’d like to say Thank You to our club member and teacher Brian Tivnan, for facilitating the website workshops with the lads at Summerhill College, Sligo.
Co Sligo Surf Club would like to extend a Special Thank You to student Cormac Beirne for his help getting the website off the ground.
This website is a work in progress and will continue to develop as time goes.
County Sligo Surf Club